kdepim-users Digest, Vol 157, Issue 2

Peter Wibberley p.wibberley at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 15 20:54:26 GMT 2016

Peter,

Thank you for your email and thoughts.

To answer your question, yes, I have tried using the folder archive function.  However, with any folder that contains one of the duplicate messages, this is where I am getting the message, "Failed to archive the folder 'xxxxxxxxx'. Downloading a message in folder 'xxxxxxxxx' failed.".

Before I try deleting the baloo folder, can I ask how this will work?  I was under the impression that baloo provides just the desktop search functionality.  If this is the case, it isn't clear to me how recreating the baloo index help kmail recreate the message lists for each kmail folder.  Is it not akonadi that maintains the kmail database?  Or is the implication that kmail uses baloo to maintain the message list for each kmail folder?

You will appreciate that I am a little apprehensive about deleting any database file without being sure that it will (1) solve the problem and (2) can be recreated error-free.

Thank you again and regards,

Peter