KMail: adding POP3 account

solitone solitone at mail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:55:42 GMT 2016

On Wednesday, December 14, 2016 12:55:08 PM CET Bas G. Roufs - in English
wrote:
> I am using multiple accounts too.  Each account comes in a separate folder.
> Go to Kontact > Tools > Configure e-mail. From there, you need to configure
> three items for each new account:
>      *  identity > add  > yournewaddress at domain.com;
>      *  accounts > receiving > configure here your pop3 settings for
> yournewaddress at domain.com;
>      *  accounts > sending > configure here your smtp pop 3 settings for
> yournewaddress at domain.com.
> When doing so, you will see appearing your new account in a folder at the
> same level as your already existing accounts and and your local folders.

Hi Bas, and thanks for your feedback. I've repeated the steps you suggest once
again, and unfortunately no new folder for the newly created POP3 account does
appear.

I forgot to mention that I'm using KMail 5.2.3. Maybe you are referring to a
different version.