KMail: adding POP3 account

Bas G. Roufs - in English basroufs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 11:55:08 GMT 2016

Hello.

> Now I need to add a new account, fetching emails from a POP3 server. (....)
>
> I'd rather have a completely new folder structure, for storing emails of
> this POP3 account only, similarly to what is possible in e.g. Thunderbird.
> However, I didn't find any way to create a new folder at the same level of
> Local Folders and the other accounts. What should I do?
>
> Thanks!

I am using multiple accounts too.  Each account comes in a separate folder.
Go to Kontact > Tools > Configure e-mail. From there, you need to configure three items
for each new account:
     *  identity > add  > yournewaddress at domain.com;
     *  accounts > receiving > configure here your pop3 settings for
yournewaddress at domain.com;
     *  accounts > sending > configure here your smtp pop 3 settings for
yournewaddress at domain.com.
When doing so, you will see appearing your new account in a folder at the same level as
your already existing accounts and and your local folders.
Yours.
Bas.

--
Bas G. Roufs