KMail HTML viewer: font size

solitone solitone at mail.com
Sat Dec 10 14:11:12 GMT 2016

Hi,

is there a way to change the font size in KMail's HTML viewer? I have a
MacBookPro 12,1 13" (Early 2015) with retina display (HiDPI), and the rendered
HTML messages appear way too small to be read.

I've looked everywhere in KMail settings but didn't find a solution. While it
easy to change the font size of the message body (Settings -> Configure KMail -
> Appearance -> Fonts -> Message Body), this affects only plain text messages.

After manually setting my display's size in xorg, almost everything else in
KDE looks good. This issue with KMail is the only last serious pitfall that
limits usability, and I'd be glad if someone could suggest me a solution.

This is the tweak I did in xorg config to get the correct resolution (227x227
dpi):

$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-monitor.conf
Section "Monitor"
    Identifier             "<default monitor>"
    DisplaySize            286 179    # In millimeters
EndSection

Lastly, but this is a minor drawback, is it possible to enlarge the font used
for the subject line? By default it is smaller than the font used for the
From, To, and Date fields, and it appears weird.

Cheers