How to access my Gmail calendar/ agenda and "to do list" at Kontact along with KDE 5/ Kubuntu 16; 04?

Bas G. Roufs Ned. basroufs at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 20:42:40 GMT 2016

Hello everybody.

Recently, I transferred from Kubuntu 14.04 LTS  along with KDE 4 to Kubuntu
16.04 LTS along with KDE 5. To be honest, it is a bumpy transfer so far. Only
after some trial, error and clicking, I managed to find out how to find out how
to connect my gmail address book to Kontact - the procedure is a bit different
apparently compared to Kubuntu 14.04/ KDE 4.

However, I do not yet manage to find out how to "add" my Gmail agenda/ calendar
to Kontact @ KDE 5 - also there, the procedures differ apparently from those
in Kontact along with KDE 4.

A few attempts  to invoke the "To Do" list function at Kontact, end up in a
crash of that package.

Yours.

Bas.

-