[kdepim-users] IMAP and permanent folder syncing

Sandro Knauß mail at sandroknauss.de
Wed Nov 25 10:35:26 GMT 2015

Hey,

Do you really complain about, that akonadi syncs multiple times with the imap?
I don't understand that, if akonnadi would not sync with imap server you won't
see new mails nor any changes from other imap clients.

The logic is, that if you change anything in kmail this is synced directly to
the server, but to not push outdated changes to the server, akonadi updates
the folder. That is independend for them the "check for new mail" round.
That's why it can happen that you sync two times in a row with the server. But
in good state Akonadi only sync the changes.

As I understand your mail, that is not happening and akonadi is download
everytime your whole inbox. The reason why akonadi does this is that it
detects an error in the local cache and downloads all mails again. But in your
case the error isn't solved via resync the inbox completly so it resyncs it
again the next time. Normally that means, that you have anything in the inbox
folder that wasn't synced to the server (you can see items without a remote
id). If you delete these akonadi should get in a good state. Or you delete the
comple local cache for the inbox folder. You can do that in akonadiconsole
Browser sleect inbox right click "Clear Akonadi Cache", or on the right search
for items with an empty Remote Id.

Regards,

sandro