[kdepim-users] IMAP and permanent folder syncing

Matthias Dahl ml_kdepim-users at binary-island.eu
Wed Nov 25 07:53:10 GMT 2015

Hello @all,

I am using KDE PIM 15.04.3 w/ Qt 5.5 (recent git head). I run (for various
reasons) a local Dovecot installation (2.2.19) which gets fed by fetchmail and
is used by Kmail2 via IMAP (obviously :P).

My problem: Kmail2 syncs the folders several times a day. You move a few mails
to the Trash and voila, a folder sync. You keep running Kmail2 for a few hours
without interacting with it and then read your mails... again, folder sync. It
can even happen two times in a row, if you are particularly unlucky.

This has gotten to the point, where it is really very annoying. I love Kmail2
and I just cannot believe that this is how it is supposed to be.

Since I have a rather large inbox with many subfolders, a sync of the main
folder can take a bit of time.

Is there anything I am missing? Is this a known issue? Can I somehow fix or
workaround it?

Thanks so much in advance for any help or advice.

So long,
Matthias

--
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Matthias Dahl | Software Engineer | binary-island.eu
 services: custom software [desktop, mobile, web], server administration