[kdepim-users] Replace MySQL with MariaDB

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon May 4 09:50:52 BST 2015

On Monday May 04 2015 08:14:51 O. Sinclair wrote:

>Note: this is 100 percent not recommended by Kubuntu maintainers. But to

As in, they recommend against it, or there's an absence of recommendation (other than what gets installed by default)?

>me KMail et al Akonadi depending software seems "snappier" after this.

I've done a similar thing on 14.04 LTS months ago, and can only recommend it. I think I just installed the mariadb versions of the mysql packages I had installed, rather than purging the mysql packages, but the end result is undoubtedly the same.

Your tutorial misses one crucial (and self-evident) detail. People who want to try this will want to do

%> akonadictl stop

before they start.

R.