[kdepim-users] KTimeTracker idile dialog box

Nikolay Shaplov dhyan at nataraj.su
Fri Mar 20 08:17:26 GMT 2015

В письме от 19 марта 2015 18:47:53 пользователь Anne Wilson написал:
> On 18/03/2015 14:49, Nikolay Shaplov wrote:
> > В письме от 17 марта 2015 17:49:27 пользователь Anne Wilson
> >
> > написал:
> >>
> >> Hi, Nikolay.  I am indeed a native English speaker, which is why
> >> I suggested that something on the lines of "pause recording"
> >> better described what you had in mind.
> >>
> >> I'm happy to help in any way I can, but I'll not push unless
> >> asked :-)
> >
> > Then can you please see the attached sceenshot.
> >
> > This window is shown when system were idle for some time. While
> > window is shown time counting continues.
> >
> > Window offers three following options:
> >
> > 1. Continue time tracking as nothing happened. Time counters does
> > not change, tracking continues. 2. Continue time tracking, but set
> > timers back to the time when idle window were shown. 3. Stop time
> > tracking and set  timers back to the time when idle window were
> > shown.
> >
> > Current button texts you can see on the screenshot. There are also
> > hint text for each button:
> >
> > "Continue timing. Timing has started at %1" "Revert back to the
> > time at %1 and Continue timing." "Stop timing and revert back to
> > the time at %1."
> >
> > If you know what to write there, short, simple and clear, please
> > tell me. I'll change text of the buttons.
>
> Hmm - sorry, but I just don't understand the intentions.  Could you
> take each of these three cases and give me a use-case?  Once I
> understand the purpose I might be able to help with clearer wording.

KTimeTacker is a tool that allows to track how much time you've spent working
on certain task.
So you have tasklist and a kind of stopwatch assigned to each task. In KTT it
is called Timer (may be it is wrong name)
Stopwatches can work in two modes: manual and automatic. In manual mode you
have to press "play" button in order to start stopwatch. In automatic mode
stopwatch is assigned to one or more desktops, and when there is an activity
in one of these desktops, stopwatch start automatically.

There is also a tool that is used to automatically stop stopwatch when there
is no activity at the computer. This tool works both for manual and automatic
stopwatch. This tool is so called "Idle dialog". When the computer were idle
for some time, this idle dialog pops up. Stopwatches meanwhile continues
counting time. This idile dialog asks, why there were no activity:
- If user stopped working on the task, then program should stop stopwatch and
set it to the time when idle were detected. (revert and stop)
- It user just spend some time working on the task offline (i.e. writing
something down on paper), then program should just continue time counting as
nothing have happened, just hide idle dialog. (continue)
- If user have a break and now back to work, then program should set stopwatch
value back to the time, when idleness were detected, but do not stop counting.
(revert and continue)

Is this explanation is detailed enough? :-)