[kdepim-users] [Kde-pim] [urgentish] How to fix CalDAV syncing?

Sandro Knauß mail at sandroknauss.de
Tue Jul 7 21:50:44 BST 2015

Hey,

okay so far we now knowthe problem is in syncing akonadi <-> owncloud.So it
makes sense to activate all akonadi logs kdedebugdialog search for akonadi and
than look it there is any wierd output. akonadictrl restart afterwards to have
the output in a console. Btw. deactive the logs afterwards, .xsessions-erros
can become very big.
 What also helps if you run debug builds. Because there are ASSERTS active,
that are not in release builds. Maybe with that akonadi crashes at the
position where something went wrong and there is a entry point to look,why
this ASSERT was false.

Other than that I have no special knowlege about the CalDAV resource, so I
can't give special tipps what to look for.

> The data not being shown is on CalDAV, so unless I export my calendars
> directly to iCal from my ownCloud, I don’t know how to do that. Nor do I see
> how that would help with debugging the CalDAV resource.

At the moment yes -but the caldavresource uses KCalCore::ICalFormat to parse
the data from the server. if that failes with "The server returned invalid
data" than we should look at the data,what came from the server and/or what is
the concrete ical.

what can be also very helpful is the "jobtracker" tab inside akonadiconsole.
Activate this and to another fullsync of the collection and look for failing
and/or never ending jobs.

regards,

sandro