[kdepim-users] [Kde-pim] [urgentish] How to fix CalDAV syncing?

Matija Šuklje hook at fsfe.org
Tue Jul 7 18:25:37 BST 2015

Hey Sandro,

Super thanks for the reply! :D

Die 07. 07. 15 et hora 18.01.09 Sandro Knauß scripsit:
> your topic should not be discussed at the developer list. We should move the
> discussion to kdepim-users list.

Ah, thanks. I didn’t see that address before.

> To get a better overview can you make sure if you see the events inside
> akonadi console.

The events don’t show in the Akonadi Console.

The current state that I can see in Akonadi Console ↦ Browser is that:
 •	Contacts shows 673 entries (seems correct)
 •	“Dogodki” calendar shows 17 entries (seems correct)
 •	“Faks” calendar shows no entries and 0 size (**FALSE**)
 •	“FSFE” calendar shows 579 entries (seems correct)
 •	“Osebno” calendar shows no entries and 0 size (**FALSE**
 •	Rojstni dan/Birthdays show 14 entries

…but on previous occasions of this bug, other calendars or contacts where the
ones to disappear. Usually it slowly spreads on others and in time all of them
show as empty. So I am sitting here, reluctant to use my calendars, since I
never know when the next sync will just detach my other events as well.

I’m happy to attach a screenshot, but I don’t know if attachments are allowed
on this mailing list.

Yes, I am aware of KOrganizer and Zanshin can be a bit more picky (compared to
Akonadi) with the data, but this is not the case.

> Also very helpfull is a sample event (ical), that is not displayed.

The data not being shown is on CalDAV, so unless I export my calendars
directly to iCal from my ownCloud, I don’t know how to do that. Nor do I see
how that would help with debugging the CalDAV resource.

If it *does* help, I’m happy to do that, but obviously not share my calendars
with a whole mailing list.

> Also activate debug ( kdebugdialog) and look through the log.

Activated.

Where do I check that log now and what am I looking for?

> If I remember it correctly the owncloud resource sometimes recreates all
> events, that makes akonadi and korganizer very unhappy, because it breaks
> akoadi ids but with the same UUID.

Could be. All I know is that ownCloud uses SabreDAV and that in other programs
I use, it syncs fine.

And finally, even though I come to you with a request for help and am trying
to stay calm due to the pickle I’m in here, let me thank you from the bottom
of my heart for making the KDE PIM as awesome as it is ☺

cheers,
Matija
--
Legal Coordinator & Coordinator Slovenia
Free Software Foundation Europe
e-mail: hook at fsfe.org    █▉█▉█▉ || priv. e-mail: matija at suklje.name
xmpp: hook at jabber.fsfe.org ▉▉   || priv. xmpp: matija.suklje at gabbler.org
sip: matija_suklje at ippi.fr      || gsm: +386 40 690 890