[kdepim-users] [Kde-pim] [urgentish] How to fix CalDAV syncing?

Matija Šuklje hook at fsfe.org
Wed Jul 8 13:55:39 BST 2015

Die 07. 07. 15 et hora 22.50.44 Sandro Knauß scripsit:
> okay so far we now knowthe problem is in syncing akonadi <-> owncloud.So it
> makes sense to activate all akonadi logs kdedebugdialog search for akonadi
> and than look it there is any wierd output. akonadictrl restart afterwards
> to have the output in a console. Btw. deactive the logs afterwards,
> .xsessions-erros can become very big.

~/.xsessions-errors seems to be empty. Where else should I find this?

>  What also helps if you run debug builds. Because there are ASSERTS active,
> that are not in release builds. Maybe with that akonadi crashes at the
> position where something went wrong and there is a entry point to look,why
> this ASSERT was false.

I enabled the *-devel packages, if that helps in any way.

> At the moment yes -but the caldavresource uses KCalCore::ICalFormat to parse
> the data from the server. if that failes with "The server returned invalid
> data" than we should look at the data,what came from the server and/or what
> is the concrete ical.

A simple ack search for “invalid“ didn’t show anything.

I uploaded the Akonadi Console logs here (be patient, it’s an ARM server):

https://thatfunkyplace.wheremymonkeyis.at/index.php/s/vrRahfHxyCdrt8H

> what can be also very helpful is the "jobtracker" tab inside akonadiconsole.
> Activate this and to another fullsync of the collection and look for
> failing and/or never ending jobs.

This one seems to be fine. But I wonder if it just skipped those jobs. The
logs seem to mention only a subset of the calendars that are hosted on the
server and doesn’t even mention the ones that do not sync any more (see link
above and previous mails).

cheers,
matija
--
Legal Coordinator & Coordinator Slovenia
Free Software Foundation Europe
e-mail: hook at fsfe.org    █▉█▉█▉ || priv. e-mail: matija at suklje.name
xmpp: hook at jabber.fsfe.org ▉▉   || priv. xmpp: matija.suklje at gabbler.org
sip: matija_suklje at ippi.fr      || gsm: +386 40 690 890