[kdepim-users] font rendering errors running kmail on gnome

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun Feb 22 16:05:53 GMT 2015

Gene Heskett wrote:
> I played quite a bit this morning and found that in kmails message
> reader window, the only thing I can change about the font, which
> looks like a thinly rendered sans seriff mono, is its size.  The font
> selector shows the demo on the space at the bottom so that you can
> see what a  font looks like, but the italic/bold/bold italic setting
> do show up in the test window, but cannot|are not applied when apply
> is clicked.

> I just had a power failure, short duration so my 20kw in the bck yard
> didn't start, but the batteries in my ups, several years old now, did
> not function even for a second, so it was a total power failure.  On
> reboot, I chose the kde plasma desktop just to check and when I
> started kmail, it still had this same problem.

So usually you don't use KDE but another desktop? Then I suppose you did
not yet try to change the fonts at the KDE systemsettings. I think these
settings would apply even if you are using another desktop.

> Q: where is the bugzilla, and can it be accessed without yet another
> passwd to remember?

That would be <https://bugs.kde.org/>. Of course you will have to
register and remember your password…

Nils