[kdepim-users] hide message list but not the message viewer

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 19:23:03 GMT 2015

On Tuesday February 10 2015 18:45:19 Jim MacLeod wrote:

>Probaly a stupid question but, if you hide the message list, how do you select
>the message you want to read if you cannot see it?

Not stupid, my scenario must have been unclear:

- browse email
- start reading a message that contains a list or could benefit from maximum height for whatever reason
- hide the message list to give the message body the full window height and reduce scrolling
- unhide the message list once done reading

I know there are all kinds of ways to scroll. YMMV, but despite numerous attempts I've never managed to tune my trackpads under Linux such that they allow to control scrolling with the same precision as under MS Windows or Mac OS X. Usually I end up with a setting where they are either too sensitive for the delicate motions and too insensitive for the larger motions. That leaves me with keyboard scrolling (cursor keys), which is slow.
As a result, I feel I cannot scan emails efficiently enough (those that don't require reading each word twice, nor those that you can filter out after half the 1st sentence ;) ).

R.