[kdepim-users] Kmail message pane

Waitman Gobble gobble.wa at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 22:08:08 GMT 2014

Hi,

I'm a new Kmail user. It looks pretty great, but I'm having a problem
viewing messages and deleting messages. I have a list of folders down the
left, It checks new mail OK and I receive notification popups.

At the bottom pane is always a turquoise/blue panel with the following text:

"Retrieving Folder Contents

Please wait . . ."

That does not ever change if I click on different folders and/or different
messages.

When I click on an unread message it does not show the text and does not
mark it 'read'.

So, it seems I can't actually read any email.

When I hit the delete key on a message, the status reads "moving message to
trash", the progress bar at the lower right is tracking back and forth as
if it is doing something. The message subject turns grey but it does not
seem to ever complete.

I've used other clients like sylpheed and claws mail, and also web mail,
and I don't notice these issues, so I don't think it's a server problem.

Kmail version:

Version 4.14.2

Using KDE Development Platform 4.14.2

Machine info:

% uname -a

FreeBSD afia.waitman.net 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r272566: Sun
Oct  5 17:48:02 PDT 2014     waitman at afia.waitman.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/AFIA
 amd64

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

--