[kdepim-users] Kmail message pane

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 22:48:46 GMT 2014

On Sunday November 16 2014 14:08:08 Waitman Gobble wrote:

> At the bottom pane is always a turquoise/blue panel with the following text:
>
> "Retrieving Folder Contents
>
> Please wait . . ."
>
> That does not ever change if I click on different folders and/or different
> messages.

You just described the exact same issue I have been fighting the last couple of days.
Do you have a lot of folders and/or many accounts? And are you on a ZFS pool?

There isn't much you can do against this, I'm afraid. Here are a few:

- Restart KMail
- Restart akonadi, by typing
	akonadictl restart
  in a terminal or via the Alt-F2 run dialog or through the "Server/Restart Server" menu in akonadiconsole
- using akonadiconsole, go to server/configure, check the backend you use. If it's not the "internal" mysqld server,
  stop the server and then configure things to use that internal mysqld server. You'll need to have one installed, but
  I take it that will be the case by default on FreeBSD.
  Making this change will probably oblige you to reconfigure everything, but things might work better afterwards.
- Downgrade to KDE PIM 4.13.3 ... (just kdepimlibs, kdepim and kdepim-runtime, you can keep akonadi and kdelibs at the latest versions).

Good luck!
René