[kdepim-users] q: Kontact > External Editor -- activate via keyboard shortcut?

Pablo Sanchez pablo at blueoakdb.com
Thu Nov 13 19:45:30 GMT 2014

[ Comments below, in-line ]

On 11/13/2014 02:33 PM, René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Thursday November 13 2014 13:42:20 Pablo Sanchez wrote:
>
> Hi,

Howdy!

> Hmm, what I don't know (yet) is if /stop/ also terminates the mysqld
> process - in case you're using the "internal" option (I am).

If it's starting it, I'd imagine it would also be capable of stopping
it.  It'd be easy to test it out.  :)

> You know there's an official wrapper, /usr/sbin/mysqld-akonadi ?

I didn't know but apparently not in my distro.  I did:

  # find / -name '*mysqld*akonadi*'

and got no hits.  No matter.  I don't think I'd want to affect the
installation on the box.

>> That's not a good thing for performance.  It's great for a developer
>> because the data structures don't have to change much.  But from a
>> performance perspective, hmm, not so good.  It's still early days
>
> I guess so. Then again, C++ and lots of debug output isn't so good
> from a performance perspective either O:-)

LOL.  Not really the same .. :) :) :)

I just ran my delete test where I deleted my IMAP account taht had
loaded ~130K email messages.  It took about 10s (I should have timed
it!)

That's far faster than before, without logging disabled.

Are you still using /mysql/?

I need to figure out why one of my email messages didn't show an image
inline.  Nor as an attachment. I see it on Thunderbird, on my phone
and in Gmail ... but not Kontact.  I'll have to google it.

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926         Blog:  http://pablo-blog.blueoakdb.com