[kdepim-users] q: Kontact > External Editor -- activate via keyboard shortcut?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 23:33:50 GMT 2014

On Thursday November 13 2014 14:45:30 Pablo Sanchez wrote:

> If it's starting it, I'd imagine it would also be capable of stopping
> it.  It'd be easy to test it out.  :)

Yeah. I was planning to do that next time I have to take akonadi offline. It's been working without particular glitches for me for a whole day, I'd like to see long I can go between restarts :)

> LOL.  Not really the same .. :) :) :)

Not really great for developers? Hmm, are you sure? :)

> Are you still using /mysql/?

Yes, I wasn't planning to change every day ...
I am beginning to have some hope that the retrieval deadlock I was experiencing so often was caused by something in the sqlite backend so I most certainly won't switch back to that if I can help it!

> I need to figure out why one of my email messages didn't show an image
> inline.  Nor as an attachment. I see it on Thunderbird, on my phone
> and in Gmail ... but not Kontact.  I'll have to google it.

Weird, I'm guessing it was not an image in an unsupported format, simply?
Not that I know if KMail uses it, but do you have the WebKit kpart installed (Konqueror would propose it as a preferred alternative to khtml)?

R.