[kdepim-users] Import crashed

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 27 01:18:52 GMT 2014

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:28:00 AM Peter wrote:
> I have done a fresh install of Ubuntu 13.10, installed kubuntu-desktop and
> tried using KMail to import all my emails. The import crashed with some
> message about 'append' or 'new'. My apologies I have not got the exact
> message, as I was trying to drive Unity (hard to drive), and being used to
> kubuntu, losy the message details. I could attempt the import again  ?
>
> The import was importing from folders, and (I think) crashed because there
> are a number of folders with .../new paths ?  Copying all the ../new paths
> to .../cur within each folder (probably hundreds) will take a while though.
>
> I would like to know how to "start again" with the import. How can I
> completely clear/wipe the database/s ?

I deleted all the folders using Nautilus, to start again. Used the same import
feature, and this time it didn't crash. The import marked a lot of emails as
'new' though. There seem to be additional folders.

Is there any method to clear/wipe the database, and then use what is in the
folders now (looks okay) as input to the database. I'd prefer not to have that
extra garbage in the db, from the failed import.

> The version of KMail is 4.11.5 (going by the .deb). There are problems with
> using kubuntu desktop in 13.10, so I have to use Unity; difficult to
> navigate. I can't run KMail from Unity until I find out how to drop down to
> shell, or run applications.

I tried ocmparing what has been imported, however the filenames are different.
Is there any method to ensure all the emails have been imported ?

Regards,

Peter