[kdepim-users] Import crashed

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 26 23:28:00 GMT 2014

I have done a fresh install of Ubuntu 13.10, installed kubuntu-desktop and
tried using KMail to import all my emails. The import crashed with some
message about 'append' or 'new'. My apologies I have not got the exact
message, as I was trying to drive Unity (hard to drive), and being used to
kubuntu, losy the message details. I could attempt the import again  ?

The import was importing from folders, and (I think) crashed because there are
a number of folders with .../new paths ?  Copying all the ../new paths to
.../cur within each folder (probably hundreds) will take a while though.

I would like to know how to "start again" with the import. How can I
completely clear/wipe the database/s ?

The version of KMail is 4.11.5 (going by the .deb). There are problems with
using kubuntu desktop in 13.10, so I have to use Unity; difficult to navigate. I
can't run KMail from Unity until I find out how to drop down to shell, or run
applications.

(I'm running KMail from another computer at present)

Regards,

Peter