[kdepim-users] Import crashed

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 27 09:24:38 GMT 2014

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 12:25:45 PM you wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 12:18:52 PM Peter wrote:
> > On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 10:28:00 AM Peter wrote:
> >
> > I tried comparing what has been imported, however the filenames are
> > different. Is there any method to ensure all the emails have been imported
> > ?
>
> What if I deleted the folders again from Nautilus/Dolphin, and then simply
> copied them across the the new folders. This would negate the need for an
> import tool, and I would be able to use Beyond Compare, to compare the
> backup to the current emails.

This is what was done (as per above). After copying files into the appropriate
folders, the *.index and *.index.ids files were removed. Went into KMail and
all seems well. Doing it this way, I'm assured that everything was copied
correctly, and KMail even picked up a few (previously) phantom folders.

Now that the emails are all okay and in their folders, what about the database
side of things ? Should the db be cleared and reloaded, as the 3 attempts at
importing loaded a lot of garbage.

Regards,

Peter