[kdepim-users] KMail 4.11.1 - Hangs on 'Retrieving Folder Contents'?

Paul Sobey buddha at the-annexe.net
Fri Sep 6 13:12:35 BST 2013

Hi there,

Since upgrading to 4.11 (and since then 4.11.1) Kmail seems to be almost
unusable. CPU is pegged between kmail/akonadi/akonadi_imap resources (in
seemingly varying quantities after kmail and akonadi restarts.

How can I go about debugging this? I checked akonadiconsole for
duplicate collections per a previous thread, and can't find any.

Setup:

2 IMAP mailboxes, one 'current' against Exchange 2007, one 'archive'
containing a large volume of mail, anything older than about a week. The
archive contains multiple folders, each containing between 3000-12000
emails.

Any extra info I can provide, let me know.

Cheers,
Paul