[kdepim-users] KOrganizer offsets the dates in the "Asia/Jerusalem" timezone by one hour - how to fix it?

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Fri Oct 18 12:02:59 BST 2013

Hi all,

my computer is located in Tel Aviv, Israel and is using the "Asia/Jerusalem"
timezone. A KOrganizer repeated event for 20:30 every day is set to the same
timezone (= "Asia/Jerusalem") but gets triggered on 21:30 instead of 20:30. It
seems this is the case for other events like that. I recall there being a
problem that they delayed the Daily Saving Time for Israel this year to the end
of October.

I'm using Mageia Linux Cauldron x86-64 (what will become Mageia 4). Now,

root at telaviv1:~$ cat /etc/sysconfig/clock
UTC=true
ARC=false
ZONE=Asia/Jerusalem

And the TZ environment variable is not set in konsole in the KDE X session.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish