[kdepim-users] (kmail2 woes) was me too

huw huw at synapticsilence.net
Tue May 21 23:38:07 BST 2013

On Tuesday 21 May 2013 23:25:00 Pablo Sanchez wrote:

> You're writing KDE when you mean KMail2.  You can run other email
> clients within KDE.

I know that KDE, KMail and Kontact are all different things.  I've been
frustrated by KDE as a whole recently, along with Kontact and KMail.

> I am currently running Thunderbird with KDE.  While Thunderbird isn't
> KMail2, it's solid enough.  Do to a memory leak (bug filed), I restart
> it daily.  Other than that, T-bird does very well running within KDE.

Thank you for the suggestion.  I have used Thunderbird in the past and found
it to be OK, but I like the concept of the integrated desktop.  That's why
when I use KDE I also like to use the Kontact suite, and when I use Gnome I
like to use Evolution.

I was quite happy using Evolution on Gnome; the only reason I switched to KDE
was because KDE is so much easier to configure and make my desktop my own.  At
this point, however, I think I'd sacrifice a fair bit to have a desktop that
works.

Huw