[kdepim-users] (kmail2 woes) was me too

Luis Felipe Tabera lftabera at yahoo.es
Wed May 22 08:25:44 BST 2013

On Wednesday May 22 2013 06:11:02 O. Sinclair wrote:
> Just to be the odd one out I have no major issues with Kontact at the
> moment - using KDE 4.10.0 on Kubuntu 12.10
>
> The migration was a pain and I have more than once reversed from an
> upgrade when mail address autocompletion went missing (as in 4.10.2) and
> I am aware that search for email is a bit haphazard.
>
> I have some 4 pop and 1 IMAP accounts and all I experience are minor
> issues mainly related to filtering. The HTML editor needs revamping
> (that is being done from what I have read) and admittedly I do not use
> gpg encryption or signing.

I claim the same. I use kde 4.10 compiled from sources over a Debian wheezy
and have no (major) problems. Have 1 pop account + 3 disconnected imap. Around
25K mails, Addressbooks and calendars from diverse sources on and off-line.

I only use simple filters, only spam and list-based filters.

The issues I have are:

- I used to have no sync from kontact to exchage server (through davmail) but
only from server to kontact. On kde bugs appears as resolved, so I should
ckeck...

- No usable search at all. I admit this is annoying, but not to the point of
considering migration.

Bests,

Luis