[kdepim-users] me too

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat May 18 06:10:25 BST 2013

On Thursday 16 May 2013 14:21:47 aa056 at pinc.com wrote:
> Used kmail for years with great success but version 2 is too much of a
> mess. I tried, I really tried, but for all the reasons John outlined (see
> below) I give up. Claws is fine, fast, simple, no 300Meg dependencies,
> just email, fast and simple.

I don't know if I'm on Kmail 2 , but the KDE and KMail versions are 4.8.5 , so
I _think_ I am.

I too, am tired of the CPU resources being used by KMail/Nepomuk/Virtuoso ,
have lost emails, searches often don't find what they should. Numerous
occassions it have crashed the system, or frozen up.  I did have a look at
Thunderbird, but it didn't have the features I wanted. Might try claws, as I
see another user has gone down that path.

If I'm moving emails to other folders, I do a manula check, to make sure they
all got moved. What is the 300 Mb problem ??

Regards,

Peter