[kdepim-users] Kmailrc & Kmail2rc

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Mar 1 17:26:42 GMT 2013

Hi,

Chris Glasoe wrote:

> I noticed that in the both rc files there are numerous filter entries that
> I have established over time but are no longer showing up in my most
> recent 4.10 installation.  Are either of these files needed and why all of
> the old filter entries?  Can I delete one or both?  Can I delete all rc
> files related to Kontact and will Kontact recreate them fresh?

Current KMail (KMail2) is using kmail2rc. If you have also a pre-KDE 4.4
KMail, kmailrc might also be useful. Regarding filters, they are not part of
kmail2rc anymore. They were in kmailrc (KMail1), but with KMail2 they are
extracted into a separate config file: akonadi_mailfiter_agentrc.

> Next question is the sync button.  In my understanding of syncing I
> would want to make an entry say in my personal Kontact calendar and
> then have Kontact sync with my Gmail calendar and my eGroupware
> calendar without me having to make another entry.

Syncing is like "checking mail" on an IMAP account. It synchronizes whatever
you have locally with what is on the server (in both ways).

> In my installation I have to show my Gmail and eGroupware calendars.
> Of maybe I should say that they are activated in through the Akonadi
> feature.  But I have to manually make an entry in each calendar.  This is
> true with contacts.
>
> So there is no sync occurring.  So what am I missing or doing wrong?

I pass this, as I don't use such calendars.

Andras