[kdepim-users] Kmailrc & Kmail2rc

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Fri Mar 1 23:13:20 GMT 2013

On Saturday, 2013-03-02, Chris Glasoe wrote:
> On Friday, March 01, 2013 11:38:58 AM Jan Kowalsky wrote:

> So, if I understand making an entry in the ical or std.ics calendar the
> entry should “automatically” show up in your Kolab example in the IMAP
> disconnected calendar.  Is that right?

No.
If you add it to the local calendar, it is added to the local calendar.
If you add it to the Kolab calendar, it is added to the Kolab calendar (which
is a folder in IMAP, cached locally due to using disconnected IMAP).

> To my way of thinking this should be true in the groupdav
> (caldav/carddav) option as well.

Indeed.
Just a different technology to access the remote calendar storage.

> Now I am looking for Kontact to be the main hub syncing Google, to
> eGroupware to mobile, to local.  I may be asking too much or I may have
> made my system too complicated.  Should I just have Google, or
> eGroupware be my calendar and use Kontact as a client to view that
> calendar?  The problem is I want Google for personal use and
> eGroupware for business.  And by having Kontact in between I have
> local backup of both.

So you also want a synchronization tool that keeps different calendars at the
same state. Something like SyncEvolution (which had Akonadi support IIRC).

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring