[kdepim-users] Kmailrc & Kmail2rc

Jan Kowalsky tuxus at notraces.net
Fri Mar 1 10:38:58 GMT 2013

Hi Chris,

Am Thursday, 28. February 2013, 23:27:10 schrieb Chris Glasoe:
> Next question is the sync button.  In my understanding of syncing I
> would want to make an entry say in my personal Kontact calendar and
> then have Kontact sync with my Gmail calendar and my eGroupware
> calendar without me having to make another entry.
>
> In my installation I have to show my Gmail and eGroupware calendars.
> Of maybe I should say that they are activated in through the Akonadi
> feature.  But I have to manually make an entry in each calendar.  This is
> true with contacts.

I'm not shure, if I understand you right. What do you mean with your personal
Kontact calendar?

There are many possibilities zu show up calendars in kontact. The default is a
calendar in a local .ical file or similar. (Than there is nothing to sync).
Further more you can use imap-folders of an "disconnected imap" to store your
calendar. This is the kontact - kolab idea to sync with an kolab groupware
installation. It's configurable that any new entry you make locally is loaded
up immediately. But for the opposite direction you have to sync manually with
this "sync-button". E.G. if somebody else or you with a different client
changes the calendar on a kolab server. There are several other groupwares
which are supported.  (with the akonadi think I'm not familiar

Syncing means not that you can sync "different sources" of calendars (eg. on
google-calendar and on in egroupware and one kolab-calendar) with each other.
Syncing in my understanding means zu sync the locally cached informations
between the local kontact-client (but the information belonging to an specific
calendar) and the the server.

While in one direction you don't need the sync-button in the other you need -
but maybe not for all groupware-servers (I don't know exactly ...)

But still you have to decide in which calendar you want to make the entry. My
kontact (ver. 4.4.11) asks me every time in which calendar I want to make the
new entry.

Does this answer your question (one of them)?

Cheers
Jan