[kdepim-users] Messages skip Filter on mails coming to Inbox

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Mar 1 22:31:24 GMT 2013

christophe wrote:

> Le jeudi 28 février 2013 22:43:35 Andras Mantia a écrit :
>> Andras Mantia wrote:
>> [...]
>

> That's great news, but....
>
> I have opensuse 12.2 with kde 4.8.
> And moving to a newer distro took me so much time and efforts for too many
> unstable behaviours that i don't want to take the risk of trying a newer
> version of kde.
Upgrading KDE 4.8 to 4.10 in opensuse 12.2 is easy... I use that too, it
should be painless.

> This new version was such a pain for kdepim that i would like the less
> risk possible.
> Is there a way to have the fix you talked about for kde 4.8 ?

No. The only solution is to upgrade. And it is not only for this. KDEPIM in
4.10.1 is much better in many sense compared to 4.8. 4.8 is one  years old,
even 4.9 is half a year old. We just don't have enough manpower to backport
fixes to older version, and sometimes it is simply not possible (e.g
mailfilter between 4.9 and 4.8 is quite different).

> Or is it possible to update only kdepim, so that people like me don't risk
> any other unstablility when moving to kde4.9 or 4.10 .
> Or is there just one file or two to modify/patch, so that, we don't take
> "many-weeks-to-repair-bug" risk ?

The patch is in the bug reports I closed. If a distribution wants, they can
try to backport that. But I suggest to just update.
Actually *this* patch can be backported relatively easily. But as I said
many other parts in the filtering changed in 4.9 and 4.10 compared to 4.8,
things that are not easy to backport, sometimes not possible at all.

Andras