[kdepim-users] kmail import issues

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sun Mar 10 17:42:40 GMT 2013

On Saturday, 2013-03-09, aa056 at pinc.com wrote:

> I don't plan to use kde and will rely on recoll for desktop search. From
> what I can see there doesn't appear to be a flat file storage system like
> mbox or maildir in this version of kmail. Is this correct?

Local storage backends for KMail are Maildir and MBox, the default being
Maildir.
There is a backend that can deal with older KMail's mixed directory tree, i.e.
mainly a Maildir structure but folders where allowed to be MBox as well, but
the new Maildir backend is more performant and can deal with mail files being
added or deleted through file operations.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring