[kdepim-users] YAFKM Day 2

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Thu Jun 27 05:47:55 BST 2013

On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:12:44 PM "O. Sinclair"
<o.sinclair at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27/06/2013 06:06, O. Sinclair wrote:
> > On 26/06/2013 22:51, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> >> So a fresh day arises and I try my migration again. I (hopefully)
> >> clear out
> >> Fortunately I can open and close KMail and see messages in folders
> >> and content from my messages, so I'm somewhat advanced.
> >>
> >> But how advanced actually? And where is my mail actually living now?
> >> And is
> >> it worth proceeding further given the errors that keep coming up?
> >
> > After removing Akonadi et al I would also remove nepomuk, remove any
> > accounts and just start afresh. Your accounts connect to Akonadi, you
> > remove akonadi and you get confusion
>
> apologies, early morning here. Seems you did that

I still have Nepomuk going, as it seems to be tangential to the problem,
but perhaps I'm wrong. I haven't proceeded much further because I'm burned
out on it for tonight, and there's been a Guinness or two between now and
earlier. :) But, I can go into KMail and navigate around folders and
messages and nothing has hung up or exhibited the same symptoms as before,
save for the "Local Folders: Maildir '' for collection '' is invalid."
messages, but they seem to be harmless. Tomorrow I'll add my accounts and
identities and filters and customizations and see what new adventures I
have to confront.