[kdepim-users] Problem with offline kmail

Ian Turner vectro at vectro.org
Sat Jun 29 16:26:35 BST 2013

Hello list,

Last week I took a trip by plane and tried to use kmail's offline
functionality while in the air. It didn't go well.

When I open kmail and then set it to offline mode, everything works fine. But
if I turn off the network and then (re-)open kmail, I'm unable to access
anything but my inbox. All sub-folders just display a throbber and the message
"Cannot fetch item in offline mode."

The problem occurs about 90% of the time, but occasionally it works OK. So it
may be a cacheing or akonadi issue.

Any suggestions? Should I file a bug?

--Ian