[kdepim-users] Yet Another Troubled KMail2 Migration Successful (Maybe) (For Now)

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sun Jul 7 20:46:49 BST 2013

Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> Well, while you kids fuss with all this bright & shiny, there are folks
> that still need to do things like send emails, which for me is currently
> not possible with your bright & shiny, even though it was yesterday. 5
> years from now we might care again, but until then we still need to do
> work.

Till has almost no hair anymore, so he hardly qualifies as a kid. I can
compensate that though with my hair. ;) But for me the number of kids would
be a problem...

Ok, back to a serious note: it is not only you who uses email for important
sutff. Most  of our company is using KMail2 with a Kolab server.  Yeah, we
curse it from time to time, but that *usually* happened wen people switched
from KMail1 to Kmail2 (usually, as for KDE master users it gets broken from
time to time and there is one guy who has weird problems, but he is a KDE
developers as well, so he should fix his issues ;).
Ok, seriously again: unfortunately I have no time for KDE nowadays and to
help users here and lot of other KDEPIM developers are in the same boat. In
general as it was suggested a clean start instead of migration could solve
many issues. You could even start with nepomuk disabled *before* adding your
accounts. With filters, I'm curious why they don't work. I use them
regularly both for POP3 and IMAP and have no problems, but there are some
people reporting that it works only when they are run manually. If you have
filters that run external applications or modify headers in mail, try to
remove them temporarily.

Andras