[kdepim-users] Yet Another Troubled KMail2 Migration Successful (Maybe) (For Now)

Jerome Yuzyk yuzyk at avrasoft.com
Sun Jul 7 21:29:35 BST 2013

On Sunday, July 07, 2013 10:46:49 PM Andras Mantia wrote:

> Ok, back to a serious note: it is not only you who uses email for
> important sutff. Most  of our company is using KMail2 with a Kolab
> server.  Yeah, we curse it from time to time, but that *usually*
> happened wen people switched from KMail1 to Kmail2 (usually, as for KDE
> master users it gets broken from time to time and there is one guy who
> has weird problems, but he is a KDE developers as well, so he should fix
> his issues ;).
> Ok, seriously again: unfortunately I have no time for KDE nowadays and to
> help users here and lot of other KDEPIM developers are in the same boat.
> In general as it was suggested a clean start instead of migration could
> solve many issues. You could even start with nepomuk disabled *before*
> adding your accounts. With filters, I'm curious why they don't work. I
> use them regularly both for POP3 and IMAP and have no problems, but
> there are some people reporting that it works only when they are run
> manually. If you have filters that run external applications or modify
> headers in mail, try to remove them temporarily.

I disabled Nepomuk a ways back, to remove one actor from the play.

Some of my filters work automatically - I see them in the log. Others seem
to be completely ignored, and they're nothing fancy: "Subject contains" and
"Sender contains" mostly. I thought precedence was an issue so I moved some
around, and still almost everything lands in my inbox. I can manually
filter them there, and they go where they're supposed to go. Sometimes they
disappear on the way though, but a restart shows them again. Once I KMail
is stable enough to trust and not needing rebuilding, I can look into that
more again.