[kdepim-users] Fwd: Sent emails not being stored on server

huw huw at synapticsilence.net
Sat Apr 13 01:57:53 BST 2013

On Friday 12 April 2013 18:33:59 Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Friday 12 April 2013 17:16:03 Chris Glasoe wrote:
> > I too have been frustrated with whole Kmail Akonadi issue since 4.4.x.
> > One thing I did discover (which you
>
> The first version of kmail2 that was released by the Gentoo devs so badly
> wrecked my entire kmail installation that I've masked out all versions >=
> 4.5.50 until it's brought up to production quality. I've never seen such a
> mess in all my computing years (41 so far).
>
> I'm still running kmail version 1.13.7, which as far as I know is the last
> version that's both stable and available via the Gentoo portage system.

Hi Peter

Thank you for posting.  I haven't had much luck with Gentoo in the past,
however your post did inspire me and led me to an eventual workaround.
Namely, I returned to my old friend, Debian!  I reasoned that the KDE packages
in Debian are probably so old that this bug doesn't even exist.

I was right.  Kmail is finally working properly again.  At this point I don't
care that I'm using old software, I just care that it works.  Hopefully by the
time the next stable release of Debian occurs, this nasty bug will somehow
have been skipped over.

But for now, I'm happy!

Huw