[kdepim-users] Fwd: Sent emails not being stored on server

huw huw at synapticsilence.net
Sat Apr 13 01:54:28 BST 2013

On Friday 12 April 2013 17:16:03 Chris Glasoe wrote:
> I hope a clean install works.  I too have been frustrated with whole Kmail
> Akonadi issue since 4.4.x.  One thing I did discover (which you may have
> already tried) was to make sure that I aligned all the repositories
> correctly.
>
> OpenSuSE 12.3 OS repository has KDE as does the KDE 4.10.  For
> whatever reason at some point I ended up with incorrect version of KDE.
> Some from OS some from KDE.
>
> Yesterday I started having problems similar to those mentioned through
> out this discussion.  The most troubling was an error saying that
> Akonadi could not connect to the MySQL database.  Everything worked
> fine until yesterday.  I began to think that all of the email associated
> with this discussion had in someway infected my system.
>
> Today I made sure that KDE points to the KDE repositories (Core, Extra,
> and Playground).  All of the issues mentioned through out this
> discussion have disappeared.
>
> Just a suggestion.  In the past I have followed all of the advice about
> trying this or that and only confused the issue and reached the point as
> well of considering a move back to Windows just so I could get on with
> work and life.
>
> Proper alignment of all the moving pieces makes the machine run
> much smoother.

Hi Chris

Thank you for posting.  I have never heard of separate repositories for KDE
before; I may well have looked into this, had I not (finally) resolved my issue
(sort of), as will be explained in my next post.

Over the last couple of days I've had the occasional mad thought of returning
to Windows too!  Say what you will about that most obnoxious of operating
systems...at least everything just works there.

Huw