[kdepim-users] Fwd: Sent emails not being stored on server

huw huw at synapticsilence.net
Sat Apr 13 09:02:07 BST 2013

On Saturday 13 April 2013 08:48:49 O. Sinclair wrote:

> Have you tried on kdeforums looking for assistance? As noted I do not
> see this problem myself on the only IMAP account I have. I use a
> separate Identity for that account and have in the "advanced" settings
> that the sent mail folder should be the account sent mail folder. And
> for me that puts the sent mails online in the IMAP folder in question.

Believe me, I have tried every configuration possible.  My "identity" (awful
concept in itself) was definitely configured to use the remote folder to store
sent emails.

I hadn't tried the forum, no; I thought that the greatest concentration of
expertise would be on this mailing list rather than a forum.  Is that not the
case?

Anyway, it's a moot point now.  I've installed Debian and the packages are old
enough that the bug does not exist.  It's my hope that the next stable release
(whenever that may be) will not include the bug either.

I appreciate that most people seem unaffected by this issue, but I bent over
backwards testing it out over the last couple of days, and I can only conclude
that it's a rare bug which somehow affects me and a few others.  Perhaps it
would be difficult to pin down, but it does exist, I'm 100% convinced of it.  I
can't think of any other way to explain why completely clean installs on about
four different distros produced the same results, while switching to an old
package on Debian works.

Huw