[kdepim-users] Fwd: Sent emails not being stored on server

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Sat Apr 13 12:53:58 BST 2013

On Saturday 13 April 2013 01:57:53 huw wrote:
> On Friday 12 April 2013 18:33:59 Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > On Friday 12 April 2013 17:16:03 Chris Glasoe wrote:
> > > I too have been frustrated with whole Kmail Akonadi issue since 4.4.x.
> > > One thing I did discover (which you
> >
> > The first version of kmail2 that was released by the Gentoo devs so
> > badly
> > wrecked my entire kmail installation that I've masked out all versions
> > >=
> > 4.5.50 until it's brought up to production quality. I've never seen such
> > a mess in all my computing years (41 so far).
> >
> > I'm still running kmail version 1.13.7, which as far as I know is the
> > last version that's both stable and available via the Gentoo portage
> > system.
> Hi Peter
>
> Thank you for posting.  I haven't had much luck with Gentoo in the past,
> however your post did inspire me and led me to an eventual workaround.
> Namely, I returned to my old friend, Debian!  I reasoned that the KDE
> packages in Debian are probably so old that this bug doesn't even exist.

Debian Wheezy has KDEPIM-1 aka 4.4.11. This will be supported until one year
after Wheezy+1 has been released.

> I was right.  Kmail is finally working properly again.  At this point I
> don't care that I'm using old software, I just care that it works.
> Hopefully by the time the next stable release of Debian occurs, this
> nasty bug will somehow have been skipped over.

I am using KDEPIM as of KDE SC 4.10.2 in Debian Sid/Experimental since two
days and it basically works. I reported some mostly performance, but also
some possibly correctness related issues tough.

And well, I am not using IMAP or disconnected IMAP, just POP3 accounts. So
far. I can test out the IMAP thing with my work account next week or so,
since this one is IMAP.

Ciao,