[kdepim-users] KMail forgets POP/SMTP password

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 23:13:08 BST 2012

On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 08:37:46 AM O. Sinclair wrote:
> However, the problem that started this discussion is that KMail in KDE
> 4.9 seem to forget at least the SMTP password, regardless of wallet or
> not. I have to type it in once a day or so, not that it bothers me lot
> but it is a bug for sure.

I was getting this behaviour - first send (no matter what account) asked for
the password but oddly enough, this has stopped happening on my desktop. Just
noticed today when I rebooted. did a few more tests, definitely fixed. Could
have been any round of updates in the last week as I reboot (and hence restart
akonadi) very rarely.

I haven't made any config changes that I'm aware of.

kde4-config --version
Qt: 4.8.2
KDE Development Platform: 4.9.00
kde4-config: 1.0