[kdepim-users] KMail forgets POP/SMTP password

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 15:55:13 BST 2012

On 12/09/2012 00:13, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 08:37:46 AM O. Sinclair wrote:
>
>  > However, the problem that started this discussion is that KMail in KDE
>
>  > 4.9 seem to forget at least the SMTP password, regardless of wallet or
>
>  > not. I have to type it in once a day or so, not that it bothers me lot
>
>  > but it is a bug for sure.
>
> I was getting this behaviour - first send (no matter what account) asked
> for the password but oddly enough, this has stopped happening on my
> desktop. Just noticed today when I rebooted. did a few more tests,
> definitely fixed. Could have been any round of updates in the last week
> as I reboot (and hence restart akonadi) very rarely.
>
> I haven't made any config changes that I'm aware of.
>
> kde4-config --version
>
> Qt: 4.8.2
>
> KDE Development Platform: 4.9.00
>
> kde4-config: 1.0
>
> lsb_release -a
>
> No LSB modules are available.
>
> Distributor ID: Ubuntu

> Release: 12.04
>
> Codename: precise
>
> --
Still see it despite all updated and same config as you, actually just
now as I just booted this laptop.

I am suspecting my wallet as I also have a problem with 2 accounts in
KDE Telepathy- but am weary to start with a new wallet due to all
passwords... especially for wireless networks.

hm.. can one import a wallet or export? should check that