[kdepim-users] kmail and IMAP questions

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Sep 28 06:48:15 BST 2012

Anders Lund wrote:

> Ok, now running IMAP. My messages are not filtered when the inbox folder
> is updated, although all my filters are enabled for all accounts. I can
> filter by hitting CTRL + J, but when the inbox is updated, all the
> filtered messages, except from spam which is moved away from the imap
> account, reappears in inbox.
>
> Maybe I have some wrong settings.

Is your inbox recognized as an "inbox"? See the icon before it, must be an
envelope instead of a simple folder icon.
Is the filter enabled for "all acounts"?
What does the filter log say when you get a new mail (does it even recognize
a new mail arrived?)

Client side IMAP filtering definitely works, I use it for years. :)

Andras