[kdepim-users] kmail and IMAP questions

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Fri Sep 28 08:16:09 BST 2012

On Fredag den 28. september 2012 08:48:15 Andras Mantia wrote:
> Anders Lund wrote:
> > Ok, now running IMAP. My messages are not filtered when the inbox folder
> > is updated, although all my filters are enabled for all accounts. I can
> > filter by hitting CTRL + J, but when the inbox is updated, all the
> > filtered messages, except from spam which is moved away from the imap
> > account, reappears in inbox.
> >
> > Maybe I have some wrong settings.
>
> Is your inbox recognized as an "inbox"? See the icon before it, must be an
> envelope instead of a simple folder icon.
> Is the filter enabled for "all acounts"?
> What does the filter log say when you get a new mail (does it even recognize
> a new mail arrived?)

Those things were all right, though I did not look in the filter log. I will
try again later, when I have time.

> Client side IMAP filtering definitely works, I use it for years. :)

Good to know, there is hope for me too :)

How is your IMAP accounts configured wrt fetching? There is an option to check
on intervals, and if it should be checked at start and on manual checks. Are
those activated in your setup?

--
Anders