[kdepim-users] IMAP -Exchange issues on new mail

Chris Glasoe crglasoe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 21:31:35 BST 2012

Is anyone experiencing a condition where an IMAP account accessing and
Exchange hosted email on start-up of KMAIL continues to load only new email on
a continuous basis.

What I encounter is at KMAIL start-up if I don't immediately open server-side
subscriptions and un-check the in-box I will receive multiple copies of any
new email that has been received at the Exchange server since the last KMAIL
start. During this read of new emails the Exchange server accumulates new
copies of the emails.  Once the server side subscription for the in-box has
been un-checked and I visit the web-mail Exchange server, I can reestablish
server subscription for the in-box and the condition ceases to continue.

I have set the Exchange base account to not check mail at start-up.  However
KMAIL does not remember that setting from one start-up (usually one day to the
next).

If I am interrupted during the KMAIL start-up it is not uncommon to find over
4,000 copies of a single email in both the KMAIL in-box and the Exchange in-
box.

I am running OpenSuSE 12.1 with KDE 4.9.1.  This situation happened in KDE
4.6, 4.7, and 4.8 but seemed to resolve itself shortly after each release.  At
this juncture the problem is not resolving.  It may be time to head back to
Thunderbird.