[kdepim-users] IMAP -Exchange issues on new mail

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Mon Oct 1 22:16:42 BST 2012

Chris Glasoe wrote:

> Is anyone experiencing a condition where an IMAP account accessing and
> Exchange hosted email on start-up of KMAIL continues to load only new
> email on a continuous basis.

As far as I know, no KDEPIM developer has access to real world Exchange
servers, so there might be something in its IMAP implementation that does
not follow the standard.
 I suggest to open a bug report describing the situation and create IMAP
logs as it is described here:
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/Akonadi/Debug_IMAP

If you could reproduce this with an inbox with little mails, it will be
better (just open kmail, sync, close kmail, open kmail and see if the bug
appears again). Providing a test account to a server triggering the bug
would be even more helpful.

Andras