[kdepim-users] IMAP -Exchange issues on new mail

Chris Glasoe crglasoe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 22:57:26 BST 2012

Bas,

Thank you for the reply.  However I respectfully disagree that this is
independent from the specific client.  The issue does not appear in
Thunderbird.  Additionally (and please forgive me as my technical knowledge is
limited) the issue has resolved in the past because I assume someone has
discovered the error and corrected it.  In fact as I review my original post I
forgot to add that the issue was not present in 4.9.0, but appeared in 4.9.1

What I believe happens is that a flag is not set when and email is read from
the server.  KMAIL continues to fetch the email and in some fashion sends back
to the server that there is a new email.  Date and time stamp stay the same.
And in my case this is and has only happened with an Exchange hosted email
account not any IMAP account at GMail.

Chris