[kdepim-users] [opensuse-kde] Re: KMAIL - why this way it is ????

Thomas Hejze thejze at gmx.at
Sat Nov 17 12:12:08 GMT 2012

Hi everyone,

Am Freitag, 16. November 2012, 21:59:12 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> Well, sorry if you can't update. Some bugfixes simply cannot be backported
> to 4.8.x series, and even if technically could be, we don't have manpower to
> do that. Also afaik there won't be a new 4.8.x release anyway from KDE
> (unless some serious security issue arises that mandates a fix release for
> an old version).
>
> To be honest, 11.4 is quite old, I'd try to schedule an upgrade to 12.2.

Sven Burmeister (rabauke) announced the new packages for opensuse:

http://kdeatopensuse.wordpress.com/2012/11/07/kde-sc-4-9-3-packages-for-
opensuse/

However, I failed to upgrade because YAST2 claims about some missing or wrong
dependencies. I wrote a comment about that on the blog above and hope that
Sven finds time to have a look on it and help me find a solution, because I am
not able to fix it for myself.

Regards
Thomas