[kdepim-users] [opensuse-kde] Re: KMAIL - why this way it is ????

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Nov 16 19:59:12 GMT 2012

ianseeks wrote:

> On Thursday 15 Nov 2012 22:38:20 Andras Mantia wrote:
>> Martin Schlander wrote:
>> > You're lucky. I can't get (automatic) filtering at all for my pop3
>> > mails with kdepim 4.8.5. I have to do Ctrl+A -> Ctrl+J everytime on my
>> > inbox.
>>
>> All of you having filtering problems, please try 4.9.3.
>>
>> Andras
>
> i'd have to update from opensuse 11.4 to do that.

Well, sorry if you can't update. Some bugfixes simply cannot be backported
to 4.8.x series, and even if technically could be, we don't have manpower to
do that. Also afaik there won't be a new 4.8.x release anyway from KDE
(unless some serious security issue arises that mandates a fix release for
an old version).

To be honest, 11.4 is quite old, I'd try to schedule an upgrade to 12.2.

Andras