[kdepim-users] How can I make kmail not send mail to users with no address???

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Mon Nov 26 13:52:32 GMT 2012

On Mandag den 26. november 2012 15:27:54 O. Sinclair wrote:
> On 26/11/2012 13:09, Anders Lund wrote:
> > If I enter a name in the To field of composer, like in this mail, kmail
> > (or
> > akonadi_something?) will send the mail to <that name>@<my hostname>, which
> > is guaranteed to not work.
> >
> > Where can I configure kmail to not do that? It would be smart if it would
> > complain about the missing address instead!
>
> If I remember correct you are on 4.9.x, if not be aware that
> autocompletion of mail address does not work in 4.8.x (however in 4.7.x
> it does).
>
> If however you are on a version where it should work, I see similar
> behaviour only if a Group/Distribution list goes corrupted (eg an
> address in the list does not exist in the Address Book). I then have to
> bite the bullet and recreate the list, have found no other way around
> this problem.
>
> So if this is a single address it could be that the contact in question
> is somehow gone corrupt. Just a guess though as I can not remember
> having encountered this with single addresses.

I have nepomuk completely disabled, so autocompletion does not work. The
problem happened due to me typing in a name, then using the select dialog, and
the typed name was then appended with a comma and the result of the select
dialog.

And yes, the same happened many times for me with groups.

However, no matter if groups or autocompletion works or not, this is a
misbehavior - probably like kevin says a remainder of the old times :)

--
Anders