[kdepim-users] [EXTERNAL] filters on ongoing messages sucks

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Thu May 24 20:37:05 BST 2012

On 24/05/12 20:49, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Qui, 2012-05-24 at 12:22 -0600, James K. Gruetzner wrote:
>> On Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:56:33 Sérgio Basto wrote:
>>    <snip>
>>
>>> and yeah I serious consider move to thunderbird .
>>
>> That would seem to be a good idea for you:  it would lower the blood pressure of
>> all concerned.   :-)
>
> Devs:  your works as been a great shit , you fuck-up all the good things
> that kmail have and kde it self , and you don't know test what you are
> doing . I am not your tester, I can test small details , but not a all
> fucked up system .

Something tells me the language will not impress any developer. So your
points, if there are any apart from being upset, will get lost.

Having said that, in 4.8.3 at least in Kubuntu 12.04 something is weird
with notifications. I normally "keep replies in this folder" or what the
setting is called as I prefer to keep business mail from one entity in
one folder, sent and received, and same with non-business.

Now whenever I send a mail that is saved in "same folder" I get a
notification that "new mail arrived". Nope, it did not. That is the mail
I just sent landing in the "conversation folder".

And mail in Spam folder gets set to "unread" no matter how I try to
tweak filter settings.

And these are regressions/new problems in a new release as they are not
there in 4.7.4

Best
Sinclair